The following are sample grants for each of the three FMPC Priority Areas:
- Member Outreach project(5 page PDF): This sample grant provides training and materials that strengthen members' ability to offer high quality medical and palliative care services to their senior patients.
- Public Health project(9 page PDF): This sample grant supports a pediatric obesity intervention pilot project with 21 participating practices within their service area.
- Student-Resident project:(5 page PDF) This sample grant supports engagement of residents and students with the Chapter's Annual Meeting.
- 2015 Summary of Funded Projects(5 page PDF)
- Vol. II: 2010-2015 FMPC Grant Awards, Project Summaries and Outcomes(1 MB PDF)
- Vol. I: 2006-2010 FMPC Grant Awards, Project Summaries and Outcomes(51 page PDF)
2015 Recipients by Priority Area
The 2015 FMPC Grant Awards, announced in November 2015, awarded $84,300 to 21 Constituent Chapter/Chapter Foundation projects in 14 states. The titles of these projects are listed below, in alphabetical order by FMPC Priority Area, and include a website link to the Chapter or Chapter Foundation that received the award.
Member Outreach Projects
- Advanced Care/End of Life Planning New Jersey AFP(www.njafp.org)
- CME Leaders Institute California AFP Foundation(www.familydocs.org)
- Family Medicine Advocacy Day Ohio AFP(www.ohioafp.org)
- Payment Reform One Stop Shop Wisconsin AFP (www.wafp.org)
- Safe Prescriber: Optimizing Patient Care Illinois AFP (www.iafp.com)
Public Health Projects
- Helping Hands Changing Lives Georgia Health Family Alliance(www.georgiahealthyfamilyalliance.org)
- Hard Hats for Little Heads Texas AFP(www.tafp.org)
Student and/or Resident Projects
- A Day in the Life of an AFP Physician Member New York AFP(www.nysafp.org)
- Chief Resident Workshop Massachusetts AFP(massafp.org)
- Family Medicine Midwest Conference FMM Collaborative(www.iafp.com)
- Implementing Childhood Developmental Screening into Family Medicine Residency Education Virginia AFP(vafp.org)
- LAFP 101 101 Louisiana AFP(www.lafp.org)
- Leroy A. Rodgers, MD Preceptorship Program Ohio AFP Foundation (www.ohioafp.org)
- Physician/Medical Student Advocacy Day and Service Learning Project South Dakota AFP(www.sdafp.org)
- Pre-National Conference Networking/Mentoring Event Maryland AFP(mdafp.org)
- Residency Visitation Program Massachusetts AFP(massafp.org)
- Residents’ Poster Contest California AFP Foundation(www.familydocs.org)
- Student Resident Education at Annual Meeting Massachusetts AFP(massafp.org)
- Student Track at Annual Meeting: Latex to Laryngoscopy Kansas AFP Foundation(www.kafponline.org)
- Summer Extern Program: Learning to Care, Advocate and Lead Wisconsin AFP Foundation(www.wafpfoundation.org)
- Support Students to Engage and Attend AAFP Conference Wisconsin AFP Foundation(www.wafpfoundation.org)