- Must be a Family Medicine residency program
- Residents must be involved in the development, implementation, and reporting of the proposed project
- If selected, the Family Medicine residency program agrees to comply with reporting regulations specific to the National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Open Payments), a.k.a. Sunshine Act.
- May not be a previous recipient of an AAFP Foundation Senior Immunization Grant Award.
Preference will be given to proposed projects that:
- Achieve influenza and pneumococcal rates of ≥75% or show a 25% improvement over the base rate for those age 65 and older
- Provide service to those that are medically underserved
How to Apply
Guidelines, Application Form, and Sample Applications
- 2016 Guidelines and Application(4 page DOC)
- Sample Application #1(9 page PDF): Quality Improvement (QI) Project
- Sample Application #2(10 page PDF): Community Based (CB) and QI Project
Deadline to Apply
2017 applications will be available for download in January. Please check back after the first of the year.
Submitting an Application
The application should be submitted by email. For questions or problems please call 800-274-2237, ext. 4457.
Notice of Award
Family Medicine residency programs selected to receive a Senior Immunization Grant Award will be notified June 2017.