- Grant applications are accepted from family physicians who are affiliated/associated with a PBRN in Family Medicine.
- The principal investigator must be a family physician who is a member of the AAFP at the time of application.
How to Apply
Please download and review the guiding principles and application instructions below before completing the application form.
- Guiding Principles for AAFP Foundation Research Grants(1 page PDF): These principles are used by the Research Committee and reviewers to focus the deliberation of the proposals and the determination of the grants.
- Instructions: PBRN Stimulation Grant(6 page PDF): Please read these instructions before you complete the application.
- Application: PBRN Stimulation Grant: (3 page DOCX)Required application form which must be completed and submitted by the application deadline.
PBRN Stimulation Grant applications are accepted twice per year. The biannual deadlines are March 1 and September 1. When the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, proposals are due the following work day.
- Submitted applications first receive an administrative review to verify that it has been properly prepared and completed. Only applications that adhere to the application instructions will be reviewed and considered.
- Fully prepared applications are then submitted to the Research Committee (RC) for review and ranking.
- Recommendations for grant funding are made by the RC and the formal awarding of grants is done by the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Feedback from the RC is provided to applicants whose submissions are not funded.
PBRN Stimulation Grants awards are typically announced within three months of the submission deadline.
Please contact Sharon Hunt at (800) 274-2237, ext. 4474