The principal investigator or one of the co-investigators must be a family phyician who is a member of the AAFP at the time of application.
How to Apply
First, read the following document:
Instructions: Research Stimulation Grants(93 KB PDF): Detailed instructions for completing the grant application.
Then, download and complete the Application for Research Stimulation Grants(140 KB DOCX), which must be completed and submitted by the application deadline to Sharon Hunt.
Applications are accepted on March 1. When the deadline date falls on a weekend, proposals will be due the following Monday.
- Submitted applications first receive an administrative review to verify that it has been properly prepared and completed. Only applications that adhere to the application instructions will be reviewed and considered.
- After, the adminstrative review, fully prepared applications are submitted to the Research Committee (RC) for review and ranking.
- Recommendations for grant funding are made by the RC and the formal awarding of grants is done by the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Feedback provided from the RC to applicants whose submissions are not funded.
- Research Stimulation Awards with a March 1 deadline are announced in late May.
Please contact Sharon Hunt at (800) 274-2237, ext. 4474.