Joint Grant Awards Program
The Joint Grant Awards Program (JGAP) supports research that poses questions of high relevance to Family Medicine. The maximum award for JGAP grants is $50,000. Applications for smaller-scale studies with lower costs are also welcome.
How to Apply for a JGAP Grant
JGAP applications are accepted twice a year: July 7 and January 7.
If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday the application is due on the following work day.
The following application materials can be downloaded:
Guiding Principles for AAFP Foundation Research Grants (1-page PDF file) -- Clarification of expectations for projects granted AAFP Foundation research awards.
Instructions: JGAP Grants (6-page PDF file) -- Detailed instructions for completing the JGAP application.
Application: JGAP Grants (3-page Word file) -- Required application which must be completed and submitted by the application deadline
Grant Award Abstracts
- Determinants of Contraceptive Behavior among Adolescent Women: A Secondary Analysis of the Relationship Dynamics and Social Life Study (2013) (2-page PDF file)
- Efficacy of Saccharomyces Boulardii Probiotic in the Prevention of Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea: A Double Blind Randomized Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial (2013) (2-page PDF file)
- Patient Centeredness: Prediction of Patient Satisfaction and Healthcare Usage (2013) (1-page PDF file)
- Implementation of a Novel Hypertension Clinical Practice Guideline in a Large Primary Care Practice: Process Evaluation, Uptake and Impact on Clinical Outcomes. (2013) (2-page PDF file)
- How Does a 30-Inch Screen Effect Patient-Centered Home? (2012) (1-page PDF file)
- An Evidence-Based Definition of Physician Wellness in Primary Care (2012) (1-page PDF file)
- US-Mexico Border Women’s Attitudes, Preferences and Intention to Use Self-Sampling for HPV Infection as an Alternative to PAP/Cytology for Cervical Cancer Screening (2012) (2-page PDF file)
- The Underuse of Oral Anticoagulants for Stroke Prevention in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (2012) (1-page PDF file)
WHY DONATE TO THE AAFP FOUNDATION?
Supporting your Foundation means you believe in the power of family medicine and in the importance of helping others.
"Your support of the AAFP Foundation has a tremendous effect…the Foundation funds Academy programs such as Tar Wars that directly impact kids and the public health.”
Jeffrey J. Cain, MD, FAAFP