PBRN Stimulation Grants Fact Sheet
The AAFP Foundation Research Committee recognizes the increasing interest and demand for research projects conducted through practice based research networks. Research conducted in a Family Medicine setting will lead to improvements in the quality of care people receive when they go to the doctor– it makes a difference in people’s lives.
PBRN Stimulation Grants are awarded for up to $7,500 for projects of six month’s to one year's duration.
March 1 and September 1.
When the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, proposals are due the following work day.
What We Fund
PBRN Stimulation Grants award up to $7,500 for projects of six month’s to one year's duration. These grants are intended soley to support research.
- Pilot projects or preliminary efforts involving research conducted through practice based research networks in Family Medicine settings. Projects should lead to the completion of a larger research project or be a catalyst for a large-scale project.
- What does not qualify: cost for running/implementing programs, indirect costs, and support for activities such as videotape production, curriculum design, etc.
- Grant applications are accepted from family physicians who are affiliated/associated with a PBRN in Family Medicine.
- The principal investigator must be a family physician who is a member of the AAFP at the time of application.
How to Apply
PBRN Stimulation Grant Application (3-page Word file) and the PBRN Application Instructions (6-page PDF file) can be downloaded.
Details about the grant application, including submission requirements, are contained in the application instructions.
- Submitted applications first receive an administrative review to verify that the application has been properly prepared and completed. Only applications that adhere to the application Instructions will be reviewed and considered for grant support.
- Fully prepared applications are then submitted to the Research Committee (RC) for review and ranking. The RC offers suggestions or provides additional advice to applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a grant award to help strengthen the proposal for future submission.
- Recommendations for grant funding are made by the RC and the formal awarding of grants is done by the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees.
PBRN Stimulation Grants awards are typically announced within three months of the submission deadline.
Please contact Sharon Hunt
at (800) 274-2237 ext. 4474