Pfizer Teacher Development Awards
- $2,000 scholarship
- Framed certificate
- $500 stipend for their teaching center to host a recognition ceremony
Please note: Award recipients must complete and return a W-9 form to the AAFP Foundation before a disbursement is made.
- Member of the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Graduate of an ACGME approved Family Medicine residency program within the last seven years (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012).
- Community-based family physician who also teaches part-time as a preceptor or teacher of Family Medicine residents and students. Precepting or teaching may occur at the practice location or at another site (i.e., school of medicine or Family Medicine residency). Applicant must practice in community settings/clinics, not in educational institutions or in practices funded or sponsored by an educational institution.
- Part-time teaching is defined as no less than four hours and no more than 32 hours per month, averaged over a year.
- Teach voluntarily or receive no more than $18,000 annual compensation for the educational time devoted to residents and/or students.
Congratulations to the 2012 Award Recipients
This award is made possible by a grant from Pfizer Inc.
WHY DONATE TO THE AAFP FOUNDATION?
Supporting your Foundation means you believe in the power of family medicine and in the importance of helping others.
"Your support of the AAFP Foundation has a tremendous effect…the Foundation funds Academy programs such as Tar Wars that directly impact kids and the public health.”
Jeffrey J. Cain, MD, FAAFP