Senior Immunization Grant Awards
Announcing the 2014-15 Grant Award Recipients
The AAFP Foundation is pleased to announce the 16 Family Medicine residency programs selected to receive a Senior Immunization Grant Award.
- Duke/Southern Regional Area Health Education Center, Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Georgia Regents University Augusta Family Medicine Residency, Augusta, Georgia
- Hidalgo Medical Services Family Medicine Residency, Silver City, New Mexico
- Northshore– LIJ: Southside Hospital & Glen Cove Hospital Family Medicine Residencies, Bay Shore and Glen Cove, New York
- Oregon Health & Science University Family Medicine Residency, Portland, Oregon
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Family Medicine Residency, Pomona, California
- Rose Family Medicine Residency, Denver, Colorado
- Rutgers Robert Woods Johnson Medical School Family Medicine Residency, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Scripps Mercy Family Medicine Residency, Chula Vista, California
- Southern California Permanente Medical Group Los Angeles Medical Center Family Medicine Residency, Los Angeles, California
- Southern Illinois University Quincy Family Medicine Residency, Quincy, Illinois
- St. Mark’s Family Medicine Residency, Salt Lake City, Utah
- St. Vincent’s Family Medicine Residency, Jacksonville, Florida
- Scottsdale Healthcare Family Medicine Residency, Scottsdale, Arizona
- The Ohio State University Department of Family Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Wright State University Family Medicine Residency, Dayton, Ohio
The AAFP Foundation Immunization Award Committee selected this year’s winners based on their ability to implement best practices, and to identify high-impact, team-based solutions to increase influenza and pneumococcal immunization rates in seniors.
In addition to receiving a $10,000 grant to implement the quality improvement and/or community-based project, recipients are given a $1,200 travel scholarship to present their findings at the AAFP’s 2015 National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students.
For more information
WHY DONATE TO THE AAFP FOUNDATION?
Supporting your Foundation means you believe in the power of family medicine and in the importance of helping others.
"Your support of the AAFP Foundation has a tremendous effect…the Foundation funds Academy programs such as Tar Wars that directly impact kids and the public health.”
Jeffrey J. Cain, MD, FAAFP