About Corporate Partnership
Your company's Corporate Partnership is the first step in building new and deeper networks within the family medicine community. It allows the AAFP Foundation to create programs that support family physicians and the patients they serve, including:
- Community and humanitarian outreach programs
- Leadership grants for residents and medical students
- Research in Family Medicine through the AAFP Foundation's grant awards programs
- The Center for the History of Family Medicine, a nationwide repository of catalogued materials on the history of the specialty
Benefits for Corporate Partners
When your company elects to become a Corporate Partner of the AAFP Foundation, in addition to the benefits of membership, your company will also be recognized as a supporter of the specialty of Family Medicine by AAFP Members. Some of the benefits of partnership, depending on level, include:
- A seat on the Corporate Roundtable, which meets once a year to discuss topics pertinent to medicine and industry
- Foundation communication exposure in both print and online formats
- Invitation to AAFP events and meetings with executive level leadership and staff
- Early access to family medicine news and updates
- Research and collaboration opportunities
Guidelines of Membership
The focus of the American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation’s Corporate Program is companies or institutions that are involved in activities directed to family physicians and support the mission of the AAFP Foundation and to help address the professional needs of our members and the patients they serve. Consideration will be given to companies in good standing with expressed interest in family medicine and relevance to the specialty. Subject to quarterly approval by a two-thirds vote of the Board of Trustees.
A company shall be notified upon a vote of less than two-thirds and their donations returned.
A company not involved in the above categories may apply for participation in the Corporate Program and the Board of Trustees will consider it at the meeting following such application. A two-thirds vote is required.
Corporate Partners must comply with industry guidelines (e.g., CMSS, OIG, Sunshine Act, PhRMA Code) and operate within our principles of medical ethics and evidence-based medical practice.
The Corporate Partner Program is housed under the AAFP Foundation. As a result, no part of a company’s annual contribution is allocated for lobbying and/or legislative efforts.
No Corporate Partner shall use or display the trademarks, service marks, trade name or other intellectual property (including, logos and seals, without limitation) of the AAFP or the AAFP Foundation without the prior written approval of the respective owner thereof.
No Corporate Partner shall directly or indirectly represent or otherwise hold itself out as being the agent, employee, legal representative, spokesperson or preferred vendor of the AAFP or the AAFP Foundation.
Violation of this agreement will be reason for termination of participation in the Corporate Program. Your gift is tax deductible. The AAFP Foundation is a 501©(3) organization.