The AAFP Foundation provides one scholarship for a practicing family physician to be part of the Family Medicine Cares International Delegation to Haiti.
Trip Date: February 23 - March 2, 2019
The application period is closed. Please send an email to request an application when they become available for the 2020 Delegation Trip in September 2019.
The scholarship covers the following expenses:
- Travel to Haiti and in-country, including housing and food.
- Maximum amount of travel scholarship is $5,000.
- Candidates must be a member of the AAFP in good standing.
- Candidates must provide a compelling letter of intent that addresses what the scholarship would do for their personal wellness and for their community. This letter would be shared with scholarship sponsor if chosen.
- Candidates should have an interest in international Family Medicine and some international travel and involvement in humanitarian initiatives.
- Candidates should be able to provide patient care in community clinics.
- Candidates have good communication/writing skills, as demonstrated in his/her cover letter.
- Candidates have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Candidates do not have any disabilities that would preclude him/her from travel or heavy lifting (being dependent on others).
- All required documents must be received by the application deadline.
a. Completed electronic FMCI Delegation Volunteer
Application and Travel Registration Form
b. Letter of Intent (as described above)
c. Letter from your program director (as described above)
d. A copy of your current medical license
e. A copy of your medical degree
f. A copy of your CV (resume)
g. A copy of your DEA certificate
h. A color copy of your Photo ID (Driver’s License)
i. A color copy of your Passport (must be dated 6 months
past the date of return from deployment).
Support for this scholarship is made possible by The Making a Difference Foundation.