The Family Medicine Philanthropic Consortium (FMPC) is a collaborative program of the AAFP Foundation and the 55 AAFP Constituent Chapters and their Foundations.
The FMPC Chapter Engagement Pilot Project is a bold, new fundraising effort to increase FMPC revenue and highlight Chapter and Chapter Foundation activities. Through this new initiative, Chapters and Chapter Foundations will use inspiring, storytelling tools to illustrate the value that FMPC has on the specialty of family medicine, but also increase FMPC funding and build a stronger brand identity for the FMPC and the amazing work being achieved by physicians (and staff) on the Chapter level.
Please Note: AAFP Chapter or Chapter Foundation may apply for both the Chapter Engagement Pilot funds as well as the FMPC Grant Award.
- Applicant must be a Chapter or Chapter Foundation of the American Academy of Family Physicians and a 501(c)(3) organization or a 501(c)(6) organization.
- Application must address one of the health care priorities of the FMPC:
- Student and/or Resident project: Focuses on education, research, and/or humanitarian opportunities for students (high school, undergraduate, or medical students) and/or Family Medicine residents.
- Member Outreach project: Focuses on education, research, and/or humanitarian opportunities that target AAFP Family Physician members.
- Public Health project: Focuses on the health of families and communities by promoting healthy lifestyles; conducting research and/or providing education for disease and injury prevention; and/or projects that are humanitarian or service in nature that improve health of individuals or communities.
Guidelines and Requirement
The FMPC will provide each AAFP Chapter or Chapter Foundation with $750 to showcase a chapter program/activity that connects with one of the three designated focus areas of the FMPC: Student/Resident, Member Outreach and Public Health.
The only requirement to receiving the funding is to complete the application and use storytelling elements in highlighting the impact of the project through an electronic channel of the Chapter or Chapter Foundation choosing and link to the AAFP Foundation’s donation site.
AAFP Chapter or Chapter Foundation can apply anytime throughout the year and receive funds to support their activities but must complete their promotion and return proof of their activities through storytelling to the AAFP Foundation by the end of the application calendar year.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A FUNDRAISING ACTIVITY TO PROMOTE MEMBERS TO GIVE TO THE FMPC.
Your chapter story must include the following text:
“Financial support for this program is provided by the FMPC which is funded by members like you! Help programs like this continue to support family medicine by giving to the FMPC. Select “Chapter Grants” when making your gift online at https://www.aafpfoundation.org/foundation/get-involved/give/donation-form.html(www.aafpfoundation.org). Thank you!”
AAFP Chapter or Chapter Foundation will receive $750 in funding from the AAFP Foundation upon submission of application. Funding will only be made to support philanthropic activities.
Funding will not be made to individuals or endowment funds. Funding will not be made to support political campaigns or the lobbying any public official, or for Chapters or Chapter Foundations to accomplish fundraising. Applications that fail to comply with all eligibility and submission requirements will not be considered for funding.
Application Period: Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2020.
Download and complete the 2020 Chapter Engagement Pilot Project Application(1 page DOCX).
The completed application should be submitted electronically to Rollie Brock. Applicants not able to submit their application electronically should make alternative arrangements in advance of the deadline.
Please email Rollie Brock or call 913-906-6239.