The Joint Grant Awards Program (JGAP) provides up to $50,000 for research projects of one- to two-years duration that have significant relevancy to Family Medicine. The program plays a major role in building research capacity by giving priority funding to new researchers or to those who mentor new investigators on the research team.
Applications for smaller-scale studies with lower costs are also welcome.
What We Fund
- Research of value to the practicing family physician
- Projects of one- or two-years duration
- Proposals that are for a separate and unique project
- Pilot Studies
What We Do Not Fund
- Cost for running/implementing the program
- Indirect or overhead costs
- Travel for an investigator to present research findings at a professional meeting, conference or seminar
- Acquisition of computers or other electronic hardware
- Capital acquisition of equipment