About the Program
Research Stimulation Grants award up to $7,500 for projects from six-months to one-year duration. This grant program is intended to:
- Support research of value to the practicing physician
- Encourage proposals by junior investigators
- Fund pilot studies
What We Fund
- Pilot projects or preliminary efforts that pose questions of high relevance for family physicians and their patients.
- Projects that lead to the completion of a larger research project or will be a catalyst for a large-scale project.
- Projects that focus on new researchers or those who mentor new investigators by including them as part of the research teams.
- Projects conducted by Family Physicians affliated or associated with Practice Based Research Networks (PBRN)
What We Do Not Fund
- Cost for running/implementing the program
- Indirect or overhead costs
- Travel for an investigator to present research findings at a professional meeting, conference or seminar
- Acquisition of computers or other electronic hardware
- Capital acquisition of equipment